Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Door cloth

Our bedroom door shrinks and swells with the weather.  At the moment it's shrunk and no longer latches.  Until recently, we kept it closed by jamming a handkerchief in the gap, but today I completed work on a much prettier solution :-)

It has a flap on the back so its thickness can be changed as the door changes size.


Here it is in use:

I learned to do three new stitches to do this: a woven leaf stitch for the green leaves, the cretan feather stitch for the red and yellow motif and cutwork for the holes for the door handles!  It was fun :-)  It took about 2 weeks to do but it's so much prettier than the hanky we were using before :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment